Sony Google TV Finally successfully
It has been a long road, but the Sony Google TV has finally been rooted. The exploit is not one of the more simple ones you’ll see, but it opens the device to many features. The exploit itself requires a software downgrade, and 4 USB flash drives. Once you have successfully navigated the Root Seas you’ll have access to the following features.
- Modified flash plugin with random per box flash string for Content Provider Bypass.
- Crippled update feature to prevent box from receiving automatic updates.
- Completely RW system, cache, and rootfs partitions
- Full ADB Root
- Removed signature checks on kernel / init scripts / init binary
- A few other surprises.
- BETA: Enable NTFS Support for Sony Google TV devices (see wiki for instructions on how to add: GTVHacker.com: Sony NTFS)
Interested? Hit the source link for all the details and instructions to get this up and running. Be sure to let us know how it goes. Good luck!
[via GTV Hacker]